Tuesday 6 March 2012

Fascinating new thing


Nothing like starting with a cliche, nothing like diving into the world of blogging with a rather unflattering photo.

Firstly please excuse the poor quality photo, random location and terrible lighting (I'm new to this thing!). I've perhaps over compensated for these by adding lots of filters, I'm not a brilliant photographer and my camera isn't really up to much so they tend to mask slightly what would otherwise be a pretty rubbish photo. Hopefully my photography skills will improve.


Despite all the excuses above I still wanted to make an effort to post today's outfit.

Here is what I wore today...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Shoes - New Look, skirt - Zara, blouse - River Island, cardigan - Primark

So this is a classic work outfit for me, where I work has a relaxed business dress code. It's a very difficult line to toe in my opinion - what's too casual??? Looking at these pictures my skirt looks slightly short but I usually wear opaque tights and ballet pumps in the office which tends to tone down the look.

I'm loving these shoes which I picked up in the sale in New Look last week - absolute bargin at £8 and so so comfortable, well for heels at least!

Photobucket Photobucket

So for my "work" look I generally tend to rock the smart skirt, blouse and cardigan look or more often if I am in a rush (which I usually am) throw on a dress.

Do you have a smart casual dress code for work? How do you work an office appropriate yet stylish look?

No comments:

Post a Comment